|“||N*gger! N*gger! N*gger! N*gger!||„|
|~ Jason Spencer's most notable moment|
|“||“All you damn sand-n*ggers over in the Middle East, we are tired of you coming to America and we are tired of you trying to threaten us; we will cut off your dick. You understand? We will take your dick and we will shove it in your mouth. How are you going to rape children and women without a dick?||„|
|~ Jason Spencer|
Jason Chauncey Spencer is an infamous politician who represented Georgia's 180th district in the Georgia House of Representatives. He was first elected to the district in 2010, but was later defeated in 2018 in the Republican primary by Steven Sainz. In his tenure, he received extremely high amounts of controversy due to his pro-Confederate stance, Islamophobic bill proposals, and threats of violence and false terrorism accusations when faced with opposition and/or disgust. However, the national-level infamy he has recieved in the past only went to an all-new high when Sacha Baron Cohen prompted him to do various bizarre and racist activities on his show Who is America?.
Jason Spencer has been widely accused of Islamophobia due to his past proposal on a ban on Muslim women wearing hijabs/burqas on ID photos back in 2016. The accusations only increased when he accused a fellow member of the House of being a terrorist just because he donated $10 to the CAIR.
In 2017, Jason Spencer faced almost national controversy for a death threat made against a member of the Georgia House of Representatives and Bernie Sanders' past Georgia campaign director, LaDawn Jones. In a Facebook post, Spencer implicitly threatened to murder Jones by stating she might "go missing in the Okefenokee [swamp]" shall she continue to push for the removal of various Confederate monuments.
Who is America? incident
Jason Spencer was featured on Sacha Baron Cohen's Who is America? one-season series' second episode, where Sacha Baron Cohen, disguised as his Erran Morad character, prompted Spencer to:
- Take upskirt photos of a burqa, as part of what Baron Cohen claimed was a way to detect contraband. Spencer also crudely imitated a Chinese tourist stereotypically.
- Scream "n*gger" four times, as a "method" of gaining attention when being kidnapped.
- Drop his pants, and run around backwards, to "give the terrorist the feeling he's about to become a homosexual".
- Film himself cutting a sausage off a dummy, and trumpeting the quote listed above.
The incident recieved national attention, and was on every single major news source. Numerous people, including Governor Nathan Deal, and Georgia House Speaker David Ralston, called for him to resign. Spencer initially refused, but eventually resigned.
- As a result of all of what happened, Erran Morad has become one of Baron Cohen's most well-known characters.
- His twin brother, Jeremy Spencer, was an Associate Superintendent and was fired for racist, anti-gay, anti-Muslim hate speech on his personal Facebook page.